Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/onewav6/retreats/wp-content/plugins/event-post/eventpost.php on line 1338
Over 26 days you will deepen your practice, learn how to teach, relax, restore, and enjoy 3 days free-time on a very beautiful, private beach in a tropical paradise. Plus, there are several really incredible excursions.
We are also offering “Bring a friend and save $100”
- 26 days of intensive yoga teacher training
- full-day mountain coffee plantation and hot springs tour
- full-day trip to the Mayan ruins and Sushitoto
- sunset dinner and night out on the town
- waterfall hike
- 1-hour massage
- surf Lesson
- airport transfer on scheduled arrival and departure dates
- copy of the training manual, “The Art of Teaching Yoga”
- develop your Asana practice and your understanding of your body through anatomy and alignment studies
- develop your individual teaching voice, as an expression of your true self and learn how to teach yoga and share the gifts it has to offer safely and confidently
- learn how to teach both Vinyasa-style yoga
- delve into the depths of subtle anatomy, learn healing meditations, myofascial release and energy balancing work
- learn the gift of meditation
- create deeper spiritual understanding in a life-connecting, non-dogmatic way
- learn Ayurveda and the holistic aspects of the practice
- learn how diet can help your practice, your health and your life
- learn the business side of yoga and how to operate as a teacher ethically and effectively
You can also expect to work hard with the support of a group that wishes to evolve through the path of yoga like yourself. You will be challenged to journey deeper within, to move beyond your self-limiting beliefs and stories that hold you back from moving forward with your intentions and dreams. This is a physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually demanding experience. It is both intense and wonderful. Expect to bend, sweat, ache, collapse, stand up, strengthen, open, cry and giggle. Expect also to move deeper into relationship with the core nature of who you are to connect with your authentic self and to learn how to spread the teachings of yoga from that place.
You are welcome to arrive the day before training starts (October 13th) to settle in, free of charge. You may also stay until the day after training is complete (November 9th), free of charge.
We host retreats at different venues close to El Tunco, as well as villas nearby. One Wave Surf House in El Sunzal is a beautiful ocean-view villa in a private community overlooking a famous surf break. Villa del Olas is an ocean-front villa located inside the Atami private beach community near the beaches of Palmarcito and El Zonte. Both of our villas offer many luxurious features:
- daily maid service
- full kitchen and unlimited filtered water
- ocean-view yoga and siesta deck with hammocks
- private swimming pool (Villa del Olas also provides access to the community salt-water pools near the villa)
- 24-hour gated security
- WiFi Internet service
The villas are located in secure, gated communities. Items of value are safe in the house. Passports and additional money can be stored in a safe.
Private transportation is included throughout the trip for all scheduled trips. Airport transportation from San Salvador Airport (SAL) to the retreat location can be arranged through El Salvador Retreats for $40 one-way or $70 round-trip. Please notify us if making other arrangements.
Rooms will be shared based on double to triple occupancy. If you are coming as a solo traveler expect to share a room or indicate you would rather pay single person occupancy supplement of $650.
Our locations are 1 hour from the airport and 1 hour from San Salvador.
Check-in is after 3pm and check-out by 11. There is often opportunity to come or leave a day earlier / later, please ask us if you want to extend your trip at an additional cost. Alternatively, we can recommend guest houses nearby.
|10:00 AM||theory class (anatomy, philosophy, etc.)|
|11:30 PM||10-minute break|
|11:40 PM||teaching methodology (studying Asana)|
|2:30 PM||theory class|
|4:10 PM||Asana, meditation, Pranayama, or teaching methodology|
Training takes places over 26 days. There are three Saturdays off for excursions following each week of training.
The initial focus of this training is creating a solid foundation for practice and deeper awareness of the body anatomy and alignment. The asana taught on this Teacher Training Course is physically challenging, creative, alignment-orientated and fun.
After Asana, teaching skills is the second most important subject. Teachers will learn a foundation series and then adapt it playfully, within specific guidelines, as an expression of their unique voice. Teachers will also learn about the common issues that arise in the classroom and how to address them, whether they be physical ailments like slipped disc or high blood pressure, or boundary issues like people arriving late, not paying etc.
The yoga anatomy taught on the 200 hr trainings primarily uses biomechanics as a foundation for practice. Biomechanics informs us exactly which muscles are contracted and released in different asanas, which muscles are the agonists (the primary movers), the antagonists (the muscles released) and the synergists (the assisting muscles of the primary mover). This can really offer yoga students a lot of insight as to how their body works in relation to asana and allows for safety, ease and intelligence in practice. Myo-fascial anatomy trains outline the muscle chains in the body and explains how they are connected in relation to movement. They teach us of how the body moves from an interconnected perspective and assist greatly in students developing their practice
This training gives the basics of Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga, that is concerned with health and well-being.
For more information about the full curriculum, facilities, food, how to get here, FAQs, reading list, prerequisites, and testimonials, please visit Carol’s Green Lotus Yoga website
- training manual, “The Art of Teaching Yoga”
- villa rental for 28 days (based on multiple occupancy room accommodations)
- all on-site meals, snacks, beverages, and unlimited filtered water
- airport transfer on scheduled arrival and departure dates
- room turn-down every day excluding Sunday, cleaning every third day, fresh towels, sheets, etc.
- basic Internet access for email, Facebook, Skype voice calls, browsing
- full-day mountain coffee plantation and hot springs tour.
- full-day excursion to the Mayan Ruins and Sushitotoli>sunset dinner / night out
- waterfall hike
- a 1-hour massage
- a surf lesson
- optional outing in the community or to practice teaching a local class
- mandatory travel insurance (as low as $45 for one-month coverage from various online providers)
- $10 USD cash for entry to El Salvador (varies according to your citizenship)
- insect repellent, sun-screen, and hats. If you’re susceptible to the sun, please come prepared with sufficient sun protection
- personal laundry ($5 USD per load)
- high-bandwidth Internet (streaming / large downloads)
- specialty food items or off-site meals
- Atami Club access for high-speed Internet ($5 USD minimum food/drink purchased at the club)
- additional excursions such as optional zip line tours ($40 USD)
- additional private surf lessons ($50/lesson)
- additional massages ($50/hour)
- food or drink outside of the villa or organized tours
This program is taught by Carol Murphy
Internationally, more than 250 yoga teachers have graduated through Carol’s Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training programs. As a long-term teacher and student of yoga, Carol is influenced by the precision and structural intelligence of Iyengar Yoga, Ayurveda, neuro-muscular physical therapy, and the breath-centered, strength-building, mindful movement of Ashtanga. She also brings playfulness and creativity — discovering her own new forms and sequences.
In her own words
Hello! My name is Carol Murphy. I love exploring yoga asana, anatomy, Ayurveda and everything to do with philosophy; I also love (raw/) vegan cooking and meditation!
I started Green Lotus Yoga teacher training school in 2007. Since then I have graduated over 250 teachers from my training throughout Ireland and abroad. Most of my work is in Ireland but I have also taught yoga in London, California, India, South Africa, Morocco and Spain.
I like to teach Vinyasa style yoga as mindful, strengthening, slow, deep, breath-centered movement, creating various forms and threads to keep things alive. I am practising yoga 27 years and teaching 20. My background is in Iyengar, Ashtanga and Vinyasa,. I am a trained Neuro-muscular therapist, which is a form of physical therapy that works with kinetic chains and acknowledges the interconnected nature of the body, just like yoga does…
In addition to the above, I have 2 degrees in philosophy <3. I have studied Ayurveda and yoga therapy in India. I am a raw vegan educator (although not 100% vegan or raw), a qualified sports massage therapist, a trained Art of Being Tantra instructor, a qualified Trance Dance teacher and I practice and study the Reiki Tummo Method, which combines open heart meditations with reiki and kundalini healing work. These gifts created solidity and ground from which I can rise and fly, roots and wings, creating safety, balance, expansion and joy in my life and for this I am grateful.
Once your application is processed and you are scheduled for the retreat, we will email you a registration form with details of how to transfer your deposit. We’ll confirm receipt of your deposit by email.
At any time after this point, once your flights are booked, you can fill out the Student Application form. We recommend that you book your flights and fill out your form as soon as possible, so we can arrange group transfers for you.
We will notify you 10 days prior the date specified on your registration form to pay the remainder of fees. When we receive your fees, we will email you confirmation.
Shortly before the retreat, we will email you the final details about pick-up information.